Weird error

Weird error

PostPosted by Steviebops » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:08 pm

Im getting an unusual animation glitch on my direction node.

When I switch from walking backward to sideways, the foot seems to pull away from the shin, warping slightly at the ankle.

I saw a similar error when I used XNA, so I double checked all my animations, and they are fine individually, it seems to be a blending issue.
Does anyone have any ideas, or have possibly encountered this issue before?
Steviebops

Re: Weird error

PostPosted by AlteredReality » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:21 pm

I've not noticed anything like this specific to Sage. From what you say, it sounds like it is likely something to do with the animations and how they are blending together. If you setup a simple blend test using the Unity animation system directly, do you see this issue? Let me know.
Andy - Altered Reality
AlteredReality
Site Admin

PostPosted by Steviebops » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:02 pm

I tested with a simple script, and the error is still there. Sage is not the cause, it's likely the way the animations blend together.

I've been experimenting with making more similar animations, so the blend isn't so jarring.

Ill post on the Unity answers site instead, see if there's an explanation as to why the feet pull away.
Steviebops

PostPosted by AlteredReality » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:47 am

Thanks for letting me know it's not an issue with Sage.

I've seen weird issues like you describe in the past. I'm not an animator, so I don't know if this is completely true...when you are blending movement animations, you need to make sure the foot falls all line up at the same time in the animations for each foot. When that has been off, I've noticed issue. Not sure if that's what you are seeing, but worth mentioning.

Sorry I can't be of more help. :-/
Andy - Altered Reality
AlteredReality
Site Admin

Return to Questions and Discussion