Adding an empty state?

Adding an empty state?

PostPosted by Nevermind » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:59 am

Hi! I have this problem: suppose I have a pSM that should sometimes blend a single animation (or more than single, whatever), and all the other times do nothing at all. The way I wanted it to work is to have a "default" state that played no animations, and a trigger that transitioned to the animation state (which then transitions back to "default")

However, there does not seem to be a way to have a "do nothing" state. I suppose I can turn the entire pSM off, and then start it instead of using trigger, but it's kinda unwieldy; and I don't see any robust way to turn it off again.

How can I solve this? I'm pretty sure that it's not really a rare situation, so I'm probably missing something?
Nevermind

Re: Adding an empty state?

PostPosted by AlteredReality » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:56 pm

Nevermind wrote:Hi! I have this problem: suppose I have a pSM that should sometimes blend a single animation (or more than single, whatever), and all the other times do nothing at all. The way I wanted it to work is to have a "default" state that played no animations, and a trigger that transitioned to the animation state (which then transitions back to "default")

However, there does not seem to be a way to have a "do nothing" state. I suppose I can turn the entire pSM off, and then start it instead of using trigger, but it's kinda unwieldy; and I don't see any robust way to turn it off again.

How can I solve this? I'm pretty sure that it's not really a rare situation, so I'm probably missing something?

There is no built in "empty" state. You'll have to create an additive animation that doesn't apply any transforms and use that for your "empty" state.
Andy - Altered Reality
AlteredReality
Site Admin

Return to Questions and Discussion