Does your system to the network?

Does your system to the network?

PostPosted by marggob » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:32 am

Good afternoon.
When working with a system Mecanim we are faced with the problem of network support through the Master Server. How have you implemented to work on your system to the network? Are there any restrictions or problems?
marggob

Re: Does your system to the network?

PostPosted by AlteredReality » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:02 am

marggob wrote:Good afternoon.
When working with a system Mecanim we are faced with the problem of network support through the Master Server. How have you implemented to work on your system to the network? Are there any restrictions or problems?

I assume you mean how does Sage work in a networked application? If so, Sage does nothing specific to assist network synchronization. It is up to the application to implement network synchronization as needed. Let me know if that answers your question.
Andy - Altered Reality
AlteredReality
Site Admin

PostPosted by marggob » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:15 am

AlteredReality wrote:

I assume you mean how does Sage work in a networked application? If so, Sage does nothing specific to assist network synchronization. It is up to the application to implement network synchronization as needed. Let me know if that answers your question.

I wondered whether network problems when using Sage. I understand your editor is essentially a visual script editor and as well all this can be written by hand? Accordingly, the files only need to be slightly modified to work with the Master Server?
I apologize for my bad English. :)
marggob

PostPosted by AlteredReality » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:02 pm

marggob wrote:
AlteredReality wrote:

I wondered whether network problems when using Sage. I understand your editor is essentially a visual script editor and as well all this can be written by hand? Accordingly, the files only need to be slightly modified to work with the Master Server?
I apologize for my bad English. :)

Well, at a base level, it should be theoretically straight forward with access to the Sage source code to get Sage to work across the network. You'd have to synchronize the Sage Variables, all requests to start/stop state machines, all messages sent to the Sage component, and all state change requests. I'm sure there would actually be multiple ways this could be solved. But the tricky part would be making sure the states are always in sync across the network effectively. I just think that the best way to solve this is really dependent on the project and how quickly and accurately you need the synchronization to happen.
Andy - Altered Reality
AlteredReality
Site Admin

Return to Questions and Discussion