works in debug but not in play

works in debug but not in play

PostPosted by cloudfa » Thu May 09, 2013 11:45 am

When I click start for the sage debugging it works perfectly. When I click play in Unity, it doesn't work. No error messages either just fails to play the anims. The states are transitioning correctly in 'display runtime info' however the anims are greyed out in that list. It worked just fine a minute ago but something breaks it. I reassigned the stuff it needs like library and anim component to no avail. Tried using Force state etc.
cloudfa

Re: works in debug but not in play

PostPosted by AlteredReality » Thu May 09, 2013 7:59 pm

Sorry, I'm a bit confused...it sounds like you said it was working in runtime, but now it's not. Is that the case?

And the runtime debug info is showing the graphs updating and animations being assigned weights? If thats the case, it makes me think there might be a copy of your object somewhere that is updating properly, but you're not seeing it.

Otherwise, I'll need some more info in order to able to help you. Please double check to make sure the object isn't copied or anything. If that's not the case, please take some screenshots of your setup and of the runtime debug info. If you don't want to post them here, you can send me an email to alteredrealityent@yahoo.com. Thanks!
Andy - Altered Reality
AlteredReality
Site Admin

PostPosted by cloudfa » Fri May 10, 2013 6:29 am

Problem solved, my fault actually.

If any of you are experiencing the same problem, don't forget to call base.Update if you're using Monobehaviour's Update method in the GameController class. </facepalm>
cloudfa

PostPosted by AlteredReality » Sat May 11, 2013 7:29 pm

Cool, thanks for letting me know it's working now!
Andy - Altered Reality
AlteredReality
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports