mixing transforms

mixing transforms

PostPosted by cloudfa » Wed May 01, 2013 8:01 am

Is there a way to enable/disable the mixing transforms list?

My character has a move SM and an attack SM, some of the attacks have movement in the lower body so I need the mixing transforms disabled. On the other hand it needs them on and restricted to the arms while running.

Im new to animation so theres probably some way to do this with layers and/or weights but I cant seem to get it right. I just want the attack animation on all the time but the run animation should overwrite the lower body when on.

The current solution is to just add and remove the mixing transforms in code whenever it is running or not.

Thanks in advance
cloudfa

Re: mixing transforms

PostPosted by AlteredReality » Wed May 01, 2013 9:59 pm

It sounds like perhaps you could handle your animations as I do in the SoldierSL libary that Sage ships with. For that, I have the Move graph control the whole body, and the Arms graph only control the arms. For your example, perhaps you can have a move graph controlling the whole body, and have an attack graph that controls upper body. Would that work for you?

Changing mixing transforms while the Sage Library is running is not supported though, sorry!

Let me know if my suggestion helps.
Andy - Altered Reality
AlteredReality
Site Admin

Return to Questions and Discussion