Syncsoundtrack won't show the highpitches

Syncsoundtrack won't show the highpitches

PostPosted by joms » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:36 pm

Hello,

I'm making a demo (a realtime musicvideo), where I want to use a synctrack to be sure the time and music don't get unsynchronized.

The synctrack contains high pitches in a certain pace, and the bassdrum from the original soundtrack. I want to use Audio Visualizer to run a counter wich saves the pitches to a variable (e.g. shift camerapos at the 432nd pitch).

But I cannot make AudioVis read the pitches. It reads the bassdrum just fine, so the setup is correct. I have also tried to cover all the frequence-bands to be sure the pitches are not too high.

Can this be caused by the fact that the pitches is really tight or something?

For testing, the synctrack can be found HERE.

-JoMs
joms

Re: Syncsoundtrack won't show the highpitches

PostPosted by AlteredReality » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:01 pm

I checked out your music track, and was able to a simple fix for this! It appears that mid/high pitched sound in your track is only in the right channel, and Visualizer Studio defaults to the left channel. So you can configure your VisManager to point it's "Audio Channel" at another type. I'd recommend "Max", which will take the maximum audio value between both channels. However, be aware, that using any audio channel other than "Left" or "Right", doubles the potential performance impact of having Visualizer Studio running, as it is analyzing BOTH audio channels, instead of just one.

Let me know if that does it for you!
Andy - Altered Reality
AlteredReality
Site Admin

Re: Syncsoundtrack won't show the highpitches

PostPosted by joms » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:31 pm

That solved it, yes. Thanks! :)
joms

Return to Questions and Discussion