Frequency Trigger

Frequency Trigger

PostPosted by Lando » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:31 am

Hi there, first of all great plug-in enjoying it alot, just wondering if you have any tips to make a frequency trigger, by this i mean something that is reacting to the frequency rather than the amplitude of the audio source. For example if my audio source was playing a sample of a piano playing a scale i could change the scale (size) of a game object depending on the note that was being played?

Thanks for any help in advance.
Lando
Lando

Re: Frequency Trigger

PostPosted by AlteredReality » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:05 pm

You might be able to do this, but it's not really what Visualizer Studio was designed for. VS was designed for reacting to changes over larger ranges of frequencies.

However, you could theoretically do this by creating data groups to encompass the frequencies you want to detect the change in, and hooking up frequency controllers to these. Then your triggers would need to hook up to those controllers.

Keep in mind though, that the internal audio analysis that I use doesn't seem to always accurately represent the frequencies that are being played back. There is a certain amount of bleed over between frequencies. You can make it more accurate by adjusting the Window Size and Window Type in the VisManager component. If you set window size to 8192 and window type to blackman harris, that would be as accurate as you can get. This does make it more expensive though.

Hopefully this is somewhat helpful. Unfortunately though, it will likely take alot of experimentation and tweaking to get to a point that you feel works for you.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Andy - Altered Reality
AlteredReality
Site Admin

Return to Questions and Discussion