Can't load animation asset

Can't load animation asset

PostPosted by sicga123 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:58 pm

Hi

I have a gargoyle fbx model from 3DFoin. The animation file (Take 001) shows in the animation clips etc in the Sage editor.
However, when I try to drag and drop the fbx or the prefab into the animation assets spot in the sage editore it will not accept it.

This is the first time using SAge and I am following the PDF file instructions so don't quite know what to do, largely because I am so unfamiliar with the tool. Does anyone have an answer - something I am overlooking? Any assistance will be greatluy appreciated.
sicga123

Re: Can't load animation asset

PostPosted by TonyLi » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:47 pm

(I'm just a customer; the developer can certainly provide better insight, but I hope some of this helps.)

What version of Unity? If you're using Unity 4, make sure you imported the model and animations as Legacy.

Don't use the imported FBX prefab. Instead, create an instance with an Animation component. Drag the animations onto the Animation component. Save this instance as a prefab.

Then, in the Sage Editor, drag this prefab into the Template Animation field. If it's already assigned a prefab with the same name, first select None to clear the field, then select the prefab. I've found that this resets the animation list in the editor.

Good luck!
Tony
TonyLi

PostPosted by AlteredReality » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:09 pm

TonyLi's advice definitely seems like it will get you to the point you need to be. Have you had a chance to try his advice? Are you able to get it working now? Let me know if you are still having issues.

And thanks TonyLi for helping out! :)
Andy - Altered Reality
AlteredReality
Site Admin

PostPosted by sicga123 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:48 pm

Hi Guys

Profuse apologies for not replying. I have been away for a few days and couldn't get to the internet (no wifi).Thanks for the help, I will definitely try this out as I am using Unity 4 so it looks likely to be the solution.

Again, I'm really sorry if it looked like I was ignoring your post I appreciate the help and I'll get back to you with the outcome.
sicga123

PostPosted by AlteredReality » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:11 pm

No problem, I definitely understand how easy it is to get busy/distracted/removed. :)

Let me know if/when you need further help.
Andy - Altered Reality
AlteredReality
Site Admin

Return to Questions and Discussion