The ability to receive OSC Inputs from other software...

The ability to receive OSC Inputs from other software...

PostPosted by jovanv » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:47 pm

I think it would be great to have OSC support built into this package! I'm sure many people would love the ability to be able to trigger animations in Unity via OSC signals sent from other software like VDMX and Ableton Live.

It would definitely make these scripts a great tool for VJs in a live performance situation where the audio analysis settings would always need to be adjusted to match the type of music that is being played. There are some examples of OSC signals controlling Unity on the net such as in the link below:

http://www.creativeapplications.net/mac ... tutorials/

Would it be possible to trigger Sage variables with OSC signals as well? Those scripts that you created yesterday have got me thinking a lot about the potential of this stuff!

Keep up the great work and I hope the new arrival has been a very exciting and happy time for you! Congratulations :)
jovanv

Re: The ability to receive OSC Inputs from other software...

PostPosted by AlteredReality » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:07 pm

Honestly, I don't know the first thing about those software packages you mentioned. :P I'm not personally setup to run or test any kind of VJ things to even begin developing and test this. I'm just a programmer that happens to know a bit about audio visualization, but I'm not an audio expert by any means! I'm sorry, but this feature would have to be something that someone else creates to extend VS functionality. :)
Andy - Altered Reality
AlteredReality
Site Admin

Return to Feedback and Feature Requests