How to trigger Sage animation variables?

How to trigger Sage animation variables?

PostPosted by jovanv » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:30 am

Hi there,

First of all thanks for the great script packages you have created! I have just begun using Unity with the intention of implementing the software in a A/V project that I am currently working on for my final year of university. The goal is to create a 3d audio visualisation system that can be set up at live music events and automatically generate appropriate visuals using the principles of cymatics. I am a relatively experienced 3d modeller and animator but I have only had a little bit of coding experience using html and some flash. I have purchased your Visualiser Studio and Sage packages hoping that they can help me out with the scripting side of things!

Anyway, the problem that I have currently having is getting the music visualiser scripts to affect the values of variables contained within scripts attached to a gameobject. One example of what I would like to achieve is to have a Visualiser Studio trigger/modifier output value affect the float value of a variable in the Sage Library script system. Is this possible and is there any chance you could give me some tips on how to achieve something like this?

Cheers,
Jovan
jovanv

Re: How to trigger Sage animation variables?

PostPosted by AlteredReality » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:13 pm

Hey, here are some scripts for you! They are trigger scripts that modify Sage variables. I just tested them in my own project, so they should work fine.

http://alteredr.squarespace.com/storage ... Trigger.cs
http://alteredr.squarespace.com/storage ... rEditor.cs

The editor script needs to go in the editor folder along with the other editor scripts, and the normal script goes with the rest of the scripts.

Let me know if you have any issues. Enjoy!
Andy - Altered Reality
AlteredReality
Site Admin

PostPosted by jovanv » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:03 am

Thank you so much! These scripts work great :D

Sage is definitely going to make this visualiser much more powerful... Keep up the great work!
jovanv

PostPosted by AlteredReality » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:21 am

Awesome! Great to hear they worked for you! Let me know if you need anything else at all. Enjoy!
Andy - Altered Reality
AlteredReality
Site Admin

Return to Questions and Discussion