Copy and Paste

Copy and Paste

PostPosted by ncarota » Mon May 28, 2012 5:04 pm

Having to rebuild everything from scratch every time is really time consuming, especially if your moving states and pSM around. It would also nice to have the ability to reference graphs so you're not duplicating Data all the time.
ncarota

Re: Copy and Paste

PostPosted by AlteredReality » Mon May 28, 2012 11:05 pm

Copy and Paste is definitely something I'd like to add at some point, and is on the list of features to do. However, are you talking about simply copy-pasting nodes, or copy-pasting entire graphs and their child graphs?
Andy - Altered Reality
AlteredReality
Site Admin

PostPosted by TonyLi » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:57 pm

I'll second the request. It would be great to be able to copy entire graphs for two reasons: (1) we could copy a similar graph instead of rebuilding it from scratch, and (2) we could change hierarchies.

When I started prototyping, my main SM contained all of the animations for a rifle stance (e.g., idle while holding rifle, moving while holding rifle, etc). The Move blend consisted of four child SMs, the Cover SM consisted of half a dozen child SMs, etc., so the whole thing had a pretty deep hierarchy.

Later on, I wanted to demote this SM down a level, as a child of a selector SM that could switch between unarmed, pistol, and rifle child SMs. Unfortunately, I didn't see any better solution than to rebuild the whole rifle hierarchy from scratch.

If copy and paste isn't practical to implement, XML import and export would do the trick. I could copy-and-paste sections of the XML and re-import it.
TonyLi

PostPosted by AlteredReality » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:47 pm

Sage 1.6 has been released, and it adds support for Copy and Paste! (asset store release pending)
Andy - Altered Reality
AlteredReality
Site Admin

PostPosted by TonyLi » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:49 pm

Thanks for adding this feature. It makes things so much easier!
TonyLi

PostPosted by AlteredReality » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:07 pm

TonyLi wrote:Thanks for adding this feature. It makes things so much easier!

Glad you are enjoying it! :D
Andy - Altered Reality
AlteredReality
Site Admin

Return to Feedback and Feature Requests